What Is The American Airlines Flight Change Policy?
The American Airlines flight change policy allows passengers to make changes to their itinerary, such as changing their flight or destination, for a fee. The fee varies depending on the ticket type and the change's timing, with changes, made closer to the departure date incurring a higher cost. Some tickets may also be non-refundable and non-changeable. To change a flight, customers can log in to their American Airlines account online, contact the airline's customer service, or visit a ticket counter or airport agent. It is always recommended to check the same policy for the fare you have bought.
American Airlines also offers a few other options for customers who need to change their flights. These include:
- Flight Pass: This is a program that allows customers to purchase a set number of flights at a discounted rate and make changes to their itinerary without incurring additional fees.
- AAdvantage Elite Status: Customers with elite status in American Airlines' AAdvantage program may be eligible for waived or reduced change fees, priority service, and other benefits.
- Firelock: This service allows customers to reserve a flight at the current fare for a certain period of time, usually 72 hours, before making a final decision and paying for the ticket. This gives more flexibility to customers to change their flights.
It's always recommended to check the specific policy for the fare you have bought, and to contact American Airlines customer service for more information about these options.
American Airlines 24-Hour Flight Change Policy
American Airlines has a 24-hour flight change policy that allows customers to make changes to their itinerary, such as changing their flight or destination, within 24 hours of booking at no additional cost. This policy applies to most domestic and international flights and is available for tickets booked directly with American Airlines or through a travel agent. However, there are some exceptions to this policy, such as certain fare types and flights booked through third-party websites, which may have different change policies. To make changes under the 24-hour American airlines change flight policy, customers can log in to their American Airlines account online or contact the airline's customer service.
How to Change Your Flight on American Airlines?
You can change your flight on American Airlines by following these steps:
- Log in to your American Airlines account online by visiting the airline's website and entering your login information.
- Go to the "My Trips" section of the website and locate your flight itinerary.
- Click on the "Change Flight" or "Change Reservation" button next to your flight itinerary.
- Select the new flight that you wish to book and follow the prompts to complete the change.
- Review the change and the additional cost if applicable, and confirm the change.
- You will receive a confirmation email for the new flight itinerary.
Alternatively, you can also change your flight by contacting American Airlines customer service via phone or visiting a ticket counter or airport agent.
It's always recommended to check the changed policy of the fare you have bought before making any changes.